Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering courses
BEng (Hons) Manufacturing and Production Engineering (National Student Survey 2016)
Join one of the most highly-skilled workforces in the UK by studying a mechanical or manufacturing engineering degree in Derby.
With world-leading engineering companies like Rolls-Royce, Toyota, Bombardier and JCB on our doorstep, you’ll be studying at the heart of the engineering industry.
You’ll benefit from the strong relationships we have developed with these companies and the relevant professional bodies. Commercial partners set live projects, which will give you fantastic hands-on experience alongside your studies.
I like the fact that I was able to study such a range of modules during my first two years.
“Also, being on this course enabled me to take part in extra-curricular projects, such as Formula Student and the Shell Eco-marathon. I’m also close to outside groups in Derby, such as a Rolls-Royce Heritage Centre, where I volunteered during my first and second year. This enabled me to develop more practical and theory-based skills that I wouldn’t have learned on my course. In this way, it combines the best of both worlds to give me a greater range of knowledge.”
This is Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Our engineering workshops include a dedicated mechanical and manufacturing area with industry-standard machines.
- Our courses are professionally accredited or are gaining accreditation by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Engineering Council - this recognition means you can be sure our courses meet professional standards
- You can take part in regional, national and international competitions with students on your course, such as the Shell Eco Marathon where you'll design, build and test an ultra-energy efficient vehicle
What our Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering graduates do
Our expert teaching and professionally recognised qualifications will give you a great start in your future career.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Mechanical engineering design
- Manufacturing lean engineering
- Automotive design
- Applications of advanced materials.
You could also go on to study our MSc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering postgraduate degree and work towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: